Taylor Insurance Agency - Shoreline, Washington
206-363-1504 - Auto, Home, Business, Life & Health Insurance in Shoreline and Seattle, Washington Shoreline, WA
Sun, 15 Feb 2015 19:31:44 -0800
Renters insurance covers your personal property such as clothes, computers, electronics, furniture and more. If your property is damaged in a fire or stolen, renters insurance can be there to help you. The policy also covers your property when it is away from your home; for example, if your laptop is stolen or damaged due to a covered peril when you take it with you on vacation.
Renters insurance also covers your personal liability. If someone is injured while in your apartment or condominium you can be held liable. You may be responsible for medical bills and could be subject to a lawsuit.
If your apartment building is destroyed by a fire, you may need additional living expenses and renters insurance can provide that too. Your policy can pay for necessary increases in living expenses incurred so that your household can maintain its normal standard of living.
Your landlord may require renters insurance as part of your lease agreement.
Always buy replacement cost coverage on your property. This will reimburse you for the full cost of replacing your possessions. An insurer will not depreciate the value of your possessions in this coverage.
Our renters insurance rates are extremely competitive and may even give your car a discount if you sign up with us. Please call us at 206-363-1504 for a quick quote!
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:02:34 -0800
As always, please feel free to call us anytime to review your policies or for a quote on any new purchase at 206-363-1504.
Sat, 10 Jan 2015 14:10:57 -0800
The past few months have been very cold for our community, and that means higher than normal heating bills. Many people turn to wood as a source of heat. If you use a fireplace or wood stove to heat your home, there are a few safety risks of which to be aware.
To help you avoid the risk of a chimney fire, here are ten tips for wood-burning fireplace maintenance courtesy of the DIY Network:
· Have your wood burning fireplace inspected and cleaned by a professional chimney sweep at least once a year and more often if creosote builds up on the chimney walls rapidly. Depending on where you live, this can cost anywhere from $100 to $200.
· Between professional inspections and cleanings, monitor your wood burning fireplace for signs of buildup or other problems.
· Your chimney has a cap with open sides usually covered with mesh to keep rain, birds, squirrels, other animals, and debris from entering the chimney. The cap should be inspected regularly and replaced when necessary.
· Check the interior of your wood burning fireplace’s chimney for creosote buildup.
· Also watch for soot buildup in the chimney of your wood burning fireplace. Soot is softer than creosote, flammable, and should be cleaned out of the chimney regularly.
· If possible, burn hardwoods like maple, oak, ash, and birch. The advantages of hardwoods are that they burn hot and long, have less pitch and sap, and tend to cause less creosote buildup. On the other hand, they generally are more expensive than softwoods.
· Anytime there is smoke indoors from your wood burning fireplace, troubleshoot and immediately correct any problems that you find. Possible causes of smoke are a dirty chimney with creosote or soot buildup, other debris in the chimney, a damper that isn’t open or is only partly open, or wood that is not burning completely.
· To ensure wood burning fireplace safety, consider installing a stainless steel liner that will withstand even the highest temperatures and will keep the fire and its embers contained.
· To improve your wood burning fireplace’s efficiency, consider installing heat-proof glass doors to protect against heat loss and a fan or blower to direct the heat into the room. Doors are also a safety feature, since they can keep live embers from escaping the fireplace into the interior of the home. Glass doors should be cleaned regularly with a paper towel and glass fireplace door cleaner.
· Clean your wood burning fireplace’s interior, including its floor, regularly. Sweep out or vacuum up cold ashes. Wear a dust mask and gloves when cleaning the fireplace.
Finally it is also a good time to have review of your home and auto insurance policies. Call us today at 206-363-1504 and let us provide a free quote.
Sat, 27 Dec 2014 18:04:42 -0800
As we prepare to start the New Year, now is the best time to review your personal insurance needs. Effective personal insurance planning should be treated just like investment planning. A proper review of your insurance program can lead to better pricing and improved coverage.
Can you recall all the items in your dresser or cupboard? For most of us the answer is no. You never know when a home disaster, like a fire or a flood, will strike, so be prepared by having all your belongings documented. Developing a home inventory is a comprehensive way to account for your personal property. To create your home inventory list, go through each room of your house and make a list and/or take photos of its contents. You want to list large and expensive items individually (like appliances, jewelry and furniture) and group together smaller items in sets (like books, toys, or linens). Don't forget to include items stored in your basement, attic, garage, or shed.
Using an agent gives you access to many markets. As an insurance agents we are very knowledgeable about all the companies in the marketplace. We know which companies have the best track record when it comes to pleasing their policy holders. We can review all options and help you choose between the best insurance policies in the market.
Taylor Insurance Agency - Shoreline, Washington will always work hard to find you the best combination of coverage and price and service. Please call us today at 206-363-1504 for a free quote.
Sat, 06 Dec 2014 14:56:34 -0800
These holiday tips brought to you by Taylor Insurance Agency - Shoreline, Washington
We are in the peak holiday shopping season. We would like to provide all our clients with a few reminders about how to be safe and to prevent your gifts and other purchases from being stolen. Shopping during the holiday season can present unique dangers, but following a few prevention measures can help keep your holiday season joyous.
Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident: